Thursday, September 12, 2013

Books Connection


My first stop was Books Connection, located in Shelby Township. Books Connection is a humble little store with a unique take on used books. This store offers patrons the opportunity to bring in their own used books in exchange for a reduced price on a book that they purchase. Prices are 40% off the list price and 60% off if you bring in a trade book.
     
Upon entering the store I was greeted with warmth and welcome. Classical music played softly through the speakers, easing me into comfort- which I always seem to find among books- as I began to browse the stacks. The shelves of Books Connection are close together and filled with books. When browsing, I like to always start with the children’s books and work my way around the store. In this case, the children’s section was located on the bottommost shelves throughout the store. The selection was decent. I spotted many familiar titles and authors.
     
From there I found the young adult books- a section smaller than the children’s- with a fair selection. Bigger selections were home to genres such as mysteries, sci-fi, and classics. There were even many, many copies of Cliff Notes, along with books by local authors.
     
The biggest section, by far, was romance, taking up multiple isles from floor to ceiling. Anyone who is a big romance novel reader should check out Books Connection.
     
Fiction was not the sole classification, though. Non-fiction books and magazines were available as well.
     
Books Connection carried both old and new books. Popular best sellers are available at a reduced price. They also offer the ability to order books that aren’t on the shelves.
     
The store had a great atmosphere. It was friendly and cozy. The hour I spent in the store flew by without my notice.
     
In terms of my sleuthing progress, Books Connections was home to five copies of Nancy Drew. Three were from the classic series, but printed in 2000. One was from the 1986 The Nancy Drew Files and the other from 2003’s Girl Detective series. They were each titles that I was familiar with, but I was not inclined to purchase any of the five.
     
Books Connection holds great potential and I look forward to visiting again to see if the selection grows.


No comments:

Post a Comment